From style to functionality features, there are many options available to NJ homeowners when it comes to selecting a residential garage door. Choosing one door over the other can impact the overall aesthetic of your home’s facade while things such as insulation add to the practicality of your home. If you’re currently in the market for a new garage door in New Jersey, it’s a good idea to take a comprehensive look at what’s available and what accessories may be added so that you may make an investment that is well worth it.
As a premier garage door company serving New Jersey, our team is pleased to offer qualified insight into the options available to you. Through this garage door buying guide, homeowners will find details about budget considerations, material options, styles, and technology additions, designed to help you make the most appropriate decision.
Finding a Door Suited to Your Budget
Price is a critical consideration for new garage doors. Final pricing is based on many factors but don’t just think about the initial cost when determining value. In fact, the average new garage can recoup 90 percent of investment when a home is listed for sale. In addition to our risk-free guarantee, TSG has a variety of options to help you meet your budget and influence return on investment.
Garage Door Materials to Consider for Your NJ Home
When considering garage door features and accessories, material may be the most important decision you make. Material impacts price, aesthetics, durability, and maintenance. Think long-term about your garage doors before making the decision. Garage door material options include:
- Steel: Durable and versatile, steel offers many styles and requires minimal upkeep.
- Wood: Not much can match the beauty of wooden garage doors but expect a higher price.
- Wood composite: You can have the look of wood with the durability of steel in a composite.
- Aluminum: Rust-resistant, aluminum garage doors offer a contemporary appearance at an affordable price.
- Fiberglass: Lightweight yet strong, fiberglass is quickly becoming a popular choice for garage doors.
- Vinyl: The ultimate durable and low-maintenance material, vinyl is sturdy, dent-resistant and budget-friendly.
Garage Door Styles to Complement Your Property
Once you find a material that meets your budget, it’s time to choose the right design. While garage doors are utilitarian in nature that doesn’t mean they have to all look the same. With many styles to choose from, you’ll find a look that complements your home’s architecture. Accents like raised panel, iron hinges, and arches are popular. If your style is more traditional than ornate, choose a contemporary door with clean, sleek lines.
Options for Garage Door Openers
In addition to the style, you’ll need to determine how the door will function and operate. At a glance, there are three operational types:
- Chain drive: relies on chain to push or pull the overhead door, holds up well but can be noisy
- Belt drive: smooth, quiet opening but higher cost
- Direct drive: uses a threaded steel rod to raise and lower, has the least amount of moving parts and is considered very reliable
View the full details of each garage door opener in our blog post, Find the Right Garage Door Opener for Your Home.
Rely on a Trusted Garage Door Company
Now that you know the basics of how to choose a garage door, it’s time to find the right partner. TGS Garages & Doors has years of experience helping New Jersey homeowners choose a garage door and operator suited to their unique lifestyle. We’re not just your typical garage door company. We offer unrivaled expertise in helping you find the right door for your home, making sure the job is done well and on-time.
TGS Garages and Doors delivers exceptional garage door options and service. Get in touch today for your free in-home consultation.