While installing a high-quality garage door may be expensive, the long-term cost benefits are significant. From the style that enhances your home’s exterior to insulation that’ll reduce your heating bills, you could save or even make money in the long term. By understanding what you want from the beginning, you’ll find a cost-effective solution. At TGS Garage and Doors, our qualified garage door installers are ready to assist you not only in the installation but also in the selection of a garage door you’ll love.
Where to Start when Choosing a New Garage Door
While it may seem simple, knowing how to choose a garage door usually involves questioning why you want to–or need to– replace your old one. Some of the reasons may include:
- It’s no longer aesthetically pleasing. If you haven’t replaced your garage door in quite some time, chances are it’s an outdated style with scuffs, scratches, or cracks. An updated garage door can be a world of difference for your garage door,
- Your energy bills are creeping up. If you’re operating with a garage door that is not insulated, you’re likely missing out on some great savings opportunities. An insulated garage door may be more costly in the upfront, but down the line, you’ll save big on your utility bills. Choosing an insulated garage door stops heat from escaping during the winter and works alongside your HVAC to stabilize temperatures during the summer. As a result, your energy bills decrease.
- You want to increase your home’s resale value. Adding a high-quality, heavy-duty garage door not only secures your home from burglary but it also increases the value of your home. If you’re ever looking to sell your home, a recently installed garage door adds an extra dose of value to your property.
If you can figure out how to choose a garage door and find one that meets your specifications, you’ll make an investment that lasts a lifetime.
Selecting a New Garage Door: Tips from the Professionals
Once you know what your basic needs are, it’s time to talk to an expert. All homes are different, so you shouldn’t try and set expectations by yourself. Our advice is to:
- Get an ‘in person’ quote so you can determine the costs and set a budget
- Ask for opinions! Our professional installers boast years of experience in installing new garage doors and are happy to go through the details of every garage door material and style
- Always opt for professional insulation, as DIY installation can lead to injury or damage to your door or property
Rely on NJ’s Most Trusted Team, TGS Garages & Doors
After evaluating the needs of your home and family, you may find that now is the time for a new garage door. TGS is ready to assist, with informative consultation and timely installation. In addition to offering installation services from qualified professionals, we remain at your call whenever you may require service or maintenance. Find out why so many homeowners put their trust in TGS Garages and Doors by contacting us today!