There’s nothing more frustrating than running late because your garage door was jammed on one side or wouldn’t open all the way. While we often don’t anticipate a needed garage door repair, there are some signs to look for that indicate you may have a problem on your hands. Avoid the morning panic of being stuck in your garage with help from TGS Garage & Doors. Specializing in garage door repair, our technicians can get your door up and running smoothly and efficiently.
Telltale Signs Your Garage Door Requires Repair
A garage door doesn’t hide when a problem is occurring. Often, there are very noticeable sights and sounds that indicate when something is wrong. Have you recently thought any of the following? You may need to leave it to the professionals and contact TGS.
- My garage door is not opening or closing. This could be caused by connection failure between your keypad/control panel and the garage door, or any of a number of problems with the garage door or opener itself. Remove anything that may be blocking the garage door and try again. If it doesn’t work, we can get things up and running again in no time.
- My garage door makes a loud noise when opening. These loud noises often signal problems with springs, opener brackets, or the opener itself. Do not attempt these kinds of repairs yourself – they can be very dangerous!
- My garage door is jammed on one side. This is most likely the result of a broken or damaged roller, track, or another issue with the opener. Let TGS take a look and fix it for you.
- My garage door is not opening all the way. The garage door getting stuck or simply not opening may mean adjustments need to be made to travel or force limits. It could also indicate a problem with the garage door springs.
- My garage door is sticking to the floor. If the weather is cold, this problem could be the result of moisture collecting and freezing between the door and the concrete. If it’s not related to cold temperature, you may be looking at a broken spring or gear, in which case professional repair is necessary.
- My garage door is slow to respond. A slow response is usually due to a mechanical issue with either the garage door or its opener. This problem usually takes some further looking into… something our technicians are happy to do!
- My garage door won’t open manually. There are so many moving parts that could be the culprit, the most dangerous of them being a broken or damaged spring.
- My garage door is off track. If the garage door is no longer in its tracks, it is usually the result of some serious damage to the door itself. Often, this occurs due to a vehicular accident or weather conditions and a replacement may be unavoidable.
- My garage door is off its chain. Any issues having to do with the chain or cable should only be handled by a professional with experience. Avoid injury by contacting a qualified professional.
- My garage door is sagging. This is often indicative of a tension spring problem, which should never be repaired yourself. Let TGS repair it properly and safely.
When it comes to repairing your garage door, you want the dedicated team of certified experts from TGS Garages & Doors. Many repairs can be done on the same day, and we’re proud to offer a risk-free guarantee as well as ongoing special offers. Contact us today to get your garage door looking and functioning safely and securely.