If you are among the 70% of homeowners who use their garage as the main entryway to the house, you likely open and close your garage door quite frequently. Though your garage door is certainly built to withstand that sort of activity, over the years it can experience significant wear and tear. While professional garage door repair can often remedy a mechanical or cosmetic problem, sometimes, a replacement is necessary to ensure the utmost safety and security of your home. TGS Garages & Doors has the expertise and industry know-how to ensure the most appropriate action is taken. However, there are a few key indicators that you can address to help you plan appropriately:
1. You’ve Ignored Issues That Have Occurred and Now They Are Worse Wishful thinking, sadly, doesn’t address garage door problems, which tend to worsen over time if they remain unaddressed for several months (or more…). If your garage door has been opening more slowly or shakily for the last few months and you’ve put off getting it looked at, it may, unfortunately, be past the point of repair.
2. Your Garage Door Has Weathered Storms Garage doors are meant to keep the elements out of your garage, sure, but if they have suffered severe damage, it may be time to replace them. Perhaps the damage was caused by an accident rather than weather-related wear and tear. Continuing to use a damaged garage door will only make the damage worse, or cause bigger problems with the garage door and opener.
3. Your Garage Door Tried to Stave Off Burglars… …but was broken into. It’s easy to assume that intruders gained access one way or the other, but in most cases, it is hard to identify exactly how they broke in. If you assumed that the intruder hacked a garage door remote and you’ve changed your PIN, when in fact, something was disabled, you haven’t really protected yourself any better. You may want to consider getting a new garage door. Plus, newer ones have more innovative security measures, designed to keep your home secure.
4. Your Garage Door Leeches Energy Energy bills are high enough! Even if you have properly insulated your garage, you may not be maximizing your investment if the garage door itself is not energy efficient. Newer garage doors are made to be more energy efficient, benefiting from advances in insulation materials.
5. Your Garage Door Needs a Makeover. Badly. This is not just about having an attractive garage door; it’s a smart improvement to your ROI. With fluctuating and competitive housing markets, having an old or outdated door that looks faded with dents and dings can actually reduce curb appeal. While a new coat of paint may be all that’s needed, in some situations, a replacement may be the only remedy.
Qualified Garage Door Replacement for Improved Security and Appearance
TGS works with you to select and install the very best garage door for your home. Together, we’ll assess whether a repair or replacement is the best route for your garage door. If a replacement is necessary, our design consultants will bring the showroom to you, with photos and sample panels, so that you can see the potential of your home. Any recommendations are based on your budget, style preferences, and needs, and we offer a risk-free guarantee!
Unsure if your garage door requires repair or replacement? Contact TGS Garages & Doors to schedule a visit from one of our technicians.